Kyler will head to Red Deer as a first-time Mission Staffer, but has plenty of multi-sport Games experience as an Event Manager for the BC Games Society. In that role, he assists Host Community volunteers in the planning, operation, and staging of the BC Summer Games. He is also responsible for participant registration and external transportation for each BC Games, manages the planning and delivery of BC Games G2G sessions, and provides general support for the Team BC program.
But did you really come here for all this? We didn’t think so. Let’s move on.
Let’s begin by sharing that Kyler’s interview was the most thorough we have received. Video links for reference, details that were not requested and the first actual person to listen to the request for photos of the marathon and hugging your dog or family variety. First example:
What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?
Easy. Mr. Rooney from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Scene specific to the closing credits when he is an absolute train wreck with post-dog attack damage. Ruined a perfectly good $40 Value Village suit for that costume! Honestly though, watch the scene, it's amazing... click here (OH YEAH – I may possibly comment in this same way for the remainder of this article, be forewarned – sorry, not sorry)
Additionally, he strikes again on this one:
The blue in the sky on a clear day… I believe it is called ‘sky blue’ (Okay, new fav answer so far. It sure is Kyler, it sure is)
In his spare time, Kyler enjoys exploring the outdoors throughout the Pacific Northwest with his fiancée and two dogs. You can catch him every week at the rink as he tries to hang on to fleeting NHL dreams.
We’ve got some fast facts that are in no way fast, but we’re not even mad:
- Favourite Food: This was a hard one because I like everything...but let's go with spicy butter chicken.
- Favourite Sports Team: Canucks duh...is this even a question? (GO NUCKS)
- Nickname: Do most people have nicknames? I can't contribute anything here. (I am the one with nothing to contribute here…)
- Favourite Quote: Pretty much anything Winston Bishop says on New Girl buckles me over with laughter (OH YEAH – this brings much joy as this show is actually the BEST and so funny!)
- Second answer to Favourite Quote: I'll give you a deep one. It's Neil deGrasse Tyson's answer the to the question "What is the most astounding fact about the universe?" – want to know the answer? Watch here (CRAY KYLER, CRAY!)
If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be?
I could destroy anyone in a match of organizing a sock drawer. It wouldn't even be a contest. Might as well give me all three medals, because no one is coming close. (I’d be lying if I said I am not considering hiring you for your services as stated here – new career path? Help needed.)
What movie or TV show best describes your week?
Paw Patrol (I am not ashamed to admit I don’t get it? HELP!)
What do you take the most photos of?
Our two dogs. They’re just too dang cute. (See for yourselves!)
Let it be noted that we appreciate the detail presented by Kyler and let’s be honest – we all know him quite a bit better now. Objective = achieved!
(PS Kyler is the Sport Mission Staff lead for Boxing, Curling and Table Tennis in Red Deer!)