The Team BC Athlete Excellence Award honours two outstanding Team BC athletes at every Canada Games. Athletes are evaluated on their leadeship and volunteer contributions, pre-games sport performances, and education achievement.
- $2500 bursary to use towards direct sport expenses. The bursary may also be applied to post-secondary education expenses. (NCAA athletes must check with their school to confirm if they are eligible to receive this bursary.)
- Two awards will be given per Games – one to a male athlete and one to a female athlete who are registered to compete for Team BC and attend the 2019 Canada Winter Games.
- Any athlete who has the potential to compete for Team BC at the 2019 Canada Winter Games is eligible to apply.
- Awards will only be given to athletes who are registered to compete for Team BC and attend the 2019 Canada Winter Games.
- Applicants will be considered on the basis of their pre-Games sport performances, leadership contributions, and education accomplishments.
- Only performances from the sport that the applicant is competing in at the 2019 Canada Winter Games will be considered.
- Applications must be submitted online by the athlete and include a letter from one reference who can confirm the application achievements.
- Applications must be submitted online by 4:00 pm February 4, 2019.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee consisting of three people and may include BC Games Society staff and/or board members and the Team BC Chef de Mission and/or Assistant Chef de Mission.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following scale:
- 50% Leadership and Volunteer activities
- 40% Sport Achievement
- 10% Education Accomplishments
A maximum of two bursaries will be awarded to Team BC athletes.
Applicants will be notified by February 11, 2019 on the decision of the committee.
- Agree to have their name and image used in association with the award
- Provide a quote and photograph for a news release
- Agree to use the bursary for education or sport related expenses